The Education Tribunal for Wales is a statutory tribunal established under the Education Act 2002.
Its name was recently changed from the Special Educational Needs Tribunal by the Additional Learning Needs and Education Tribunal (Wales) Act 2018.
The act, codes of practice, and regulations listed below govern the Tribunal’s work in respect of:
- additional learning needs (ALN) appeals;
- special educational needs (SEN) appeals; and
- disability discrimination claims
The tribunal president also has the power to issue practice directions to clarify tribunals' procedural regulations. You can find these here.
- The Additional Learning Needs and Education Tribunal (Wales) Act 2018
- The Additional Learning Needs Code for Wales 2021
- The Additional Learning Needs (Wales) Regulations 2021
- The Education Tribunal Regulations 2021
- The Education Act 1996
- The Education (Wales) Measure 2009
- The Special Educational Needs Tribunal for Wales Regulations 2012
Claims of disability discrimination:
The links below may also be relevant and helpful:
- NHS: Putting things right
- The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- The Equality and Human Rights Commission Code of Practice for Services, Public Functions and Associations.
- The Equality Act 2010 (Capacity of parents and persons over compulsory school age) (Wales) Regulations 2021
- Rights of Children and Young Persons (Wales) Measure 2011
- The Education Act 2002
- The Children Act 1989