Children, their parents, and young people can make a claim of disability discrimination in school to the Education Tribunal for Wales (ETW).
(Claims of Disability Discrimination against Further Education Institutions (FEIs) should be made to the County Court.)

Children and young people may also find the information on the children and young people page of our website helpful. If you want, you can ask an adult to help you with your claim.

The Publications Register is a list of links to all of our guidance booklets and forms. Please download them from this website, or contact us if you would like us to send you copies by post. You will need to send completed forms by email or post to the Education Tribunal for Wales.

You can find these documents at the bottom of the page:


  • Claim application Where you feel there has been unfair treatment of a child or young person in school because of a disability, the child, their parent, or the young person can make a claim application to ask ETW to look at what happened. (Claim application - Form ETW07)
  • Withdrawing a claim Complete our form to let us know if you decide that you no longer want to continue with your claim.  (Withdrawal form – Form ETW21)

Guidance Booklets

  • Claim guidance Our guidance booklet contains information about how to make a claim, important time limits for making a claim, the type of information we need and what happens once a claim has been made. (Claim guidance – Guidance booklet ETW06)
  • Claim case statement guidance for applicants Once you have made a claim we will ask you to let us have your case statement. Our guidance booklet explains how to prepare a case statement and what information we need you to provide. (Claim case statement guidance for applicants - Guidance booklet ETW08)