Hearings are usually held by video conference, so you will need access to a computer or phone to attend. This means you can join the hearing from your home, office, or any private space with an internet connection.
Hearings can also be held in person, when circumstances allow. If you would like your hearing to be held in person, please ask the Tribunal and we will consider the request.
We will ask both sides to tell us who they will be bringing to the hearing. We will always let both sides know in writing about the names of everyone attending and the date and arrangements for the tribunal hearing.
Children and young people: you may also find the information on the Children and young people page of our website helpful. If you want, you can ask an adult to help you to fill in our forms.
Our forms and guidance booklets can be downloaded by using the links below or if you would like a copy sent to you, please contact us.
- Attendance form for applicants. Applicants will need to complete our form to tell us who they will be bringing to the tribunal hearing. (Attendance form for applicants – Form ETW15)
- Attendance form for respondents. Local authorities, responsible bodies and FEIs will need to complete our form to tell us who they will be bringing to the tribunal hearing. (Attendance form for respondents – Form ETW27)
- Expenses claim form. A form for any eligible attendees to claim expenses (Expenses claim form – Form ETW20)
- Attendance form guidance for applicants. This guidance booklet contains information to help applicants complete their attendance forms. (Attendance form guidance for applicants – Guidance booklet ETW14)
- Attendance form guidance for respondents.This guidance booklet for local authorities, FEIs and responsible bodies contains information to help them complete our attendance form. (Attendance form guidance for respondents – Guidance booklet ETW14)
- Hearing guidance. This guidance booklet is for everyone coming to a tribunal hearing. It explains how to prepare, what to expect, and tips to make sure everything goes smoothly. (Hearing guidance – Guidance booklet ETW16)
- Expenses guidance for applicants. A guidance booklet about which expenses the witnesses of applicants can claim (Expenses guidance for applicants – Guidance booklet ETW18)
- Expenses guidance for witnesses. A guidance booklet about which expenses the witnesses of respondents can claim (Expenses guidance for respondents – Guidance booklet ETW 19)