Children and young people

Children and young people! You can make your own appeals and claims.

You will need to complete a form to tell us that you want to make an appeal or a claim. You can ask an adult to help you, but you will need to sign the form yourself. You can find them on the appeals and claims webpages of this website.


If you are making your own appeal or claim, it is a good idea to have an advocate at your side. Advocates can help you understand the system, support you in meetings, and make sure your voice is always heard. They are not a part of your school, or your local authority, so their job is only to help you! If you already have help from another adult or family member, you can still have an advocate. Your school and local authority should be able to put you in touch with one.

You can also use our links to contact other people who may be able to help, like Meic or the Children’s Commissioner for Wales.

We put our forms and guidance booklets at the bottom of each webpage, but you can see a full list of links on our publications register.

If you need help, have any questions, or cannot download our forms and booklets, please let us know. You can contact us by e-mail or telephone.